Thursday, October 21, 2010

And yet more yummy food

So I have this dear friend who is like an adopted grandma to the kids...she was Ben's sunbeam teacher years ago and been like part of the family ever since.  Her birthday was in Sept. and I wanted to do some thing special for her...and I found out her favorite dessert is Coconut Cream Pie...since it's one of Brandon's too, I made two pies...one for her and her hubby and one for us.  It was sooooo delicious.




Then Asher and I set out to make some poppyseed muffins for the boys to take on their campout...since they had to provide their own breakfast.  Asher has really turned into the little chef/baker...everyday he wants to help me make something...some mornings he won't even eat breakfast unless he can make his own "recipe" for breakfast...one morning it was rice chex with chocolate chips and sugar and milk all stirred togeter.  and Yes I actually let him eat it.  I'm turning into a softy.  But most mornings we try to make a little more nutritious meals.  I think all his cooking is helping him overcome his extreme pickiness...He's actually starting to get a lot more brave when it comes to trying new foods...at least he tastes them...and occassionally he even likes it...but I have to hand it to him for taking bites which is a huge step from where he was a year ago.








I know this is an odd picture...but there were only a couple nectarines on our tree this year...and I wanted to remember our first 3 juicy small nectarines...and I thought it would be a good contrast.


No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a mom of 4 great kids that make me smile and appreciate life every day. I am married to the best husband ever. He always puts me first and the kids next. We are the luckiest family ever. I love playing the piano, drawing and painting, redecorating our house, and most of all spending time with our family. However lately I just can't get enough of spending time outside in our yard planting and weeding...I'm adding trees and perennials this year. Cuddling up with books or spending time outside are a few of our favorite past-times.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones