Sunday, August 22, 2010

We finally got chickens!

The coop before any paint!  I have the best husband ever to build it for me:)

Hannah and her chick Ginger.

Ben and his chick Bob, and yes it's a girl.

Emma and Gracie

The coop in progress! I'll post more when it's finished!
Asher and his chick Daisy
Emma at the gate of the coop.  The birds just love her.
Brandon's not so sure he likes the purple and red...any comments?


 Ava (Barred Rock) on the perch in the coop.
Asher and Emma playing in the run with the chicks.
Asher being a chicken !
Ben and the flock of girls...I can't believe how the kids have taken to the chickens.
Millie (partridge rock) and Gracie (White Orpington)

3 comments:

Martha said...

How exciting. How you won't have to buy eggs anymore. Hopefully the kids will continue to like them and want to help in gathering eggs when they start laying them. Sounds like you all have enjoyed the summer. The yard looks really nice.

Sarah said...

They look decent sized already do you leave them outside overnight? Have fun with them they get big quick!!

Christine said...

They are only 4 and 1/2 weeks old and no we don't leave them out all night...we bring them in at night and put them in a box with a perch and some food and water. But they love running around outside and hangin in their coop and eating all day...they've even started eating earwigs...I'''m so glad I hate earwigs. I'm sad that we missed their first few weeks when they were little balls of fluff...after these get older we'll have to start at the beginning with the next batch.

Followers

About Me

I'm a mom of 4 great kids that make me smile and appreciate life every day. I am married to the best husband ever. He always puts me first and the kids next. We are the luckiest family ever. I love playing the piano, drawing and painting, redecorating our house, and most of all spending time with our family. However lately I just can't get enough of spending time outside in our yard planting and weeding...I'm adding trees and perennials this year. Cuddling up with books or spending time outside are a few of our favorite past-times.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones