Thursday, September 9, 2010

Takin' scraps to the girls!

Chickens never seice to amaze me...I'm actually excited anytime I have extra scraps to go through to them...I love watching them run over to it and start pecking away.  It's amazing how cuious they are, and somewhat smart as I am learning the more I watch them.  This post is dedicated to our little flock.  Which I will be sad in a way to move outside permanently in a week or so when they are 8 weeks old.   We only bring them in at night and put them in a big box in the kitchen, but I love hearing them chrip when the sun comes up and we start bustling about in the kitchen in the morning getting ready for our day...plus loading them up in a little box to take them out to the coop gives us hands on interraction each day which will be harder to get when it's not a necessity. Oh, and the video that I uploaded is kinda long...sorry about that, but I was wathching them and they were doing their little run super fast and flap their wings like they were going to take off on a flight...until I turned on the camera...so I was waiting for another show and it never happened...but they are fun to watch.  ENOUGH SAID...

I know this last picture is not a picture of a chicken...but it looked cool...I'm calling it our "Hole in the Wall"  The chickens love to peek through and grab bits of asparagus from the neighbors...the leafy stuff that's gone to seed sticks through and they peck it off.

1 comment:

Peery Family said...

Christine,

Hurry fast! Call the exterminator. There are chickens running around in your back yard.

Followers

About Me

I'm a mom of 4 great kids that make me smile and appreciate life every day. I am married to the best husband ever. He always puts me first and the kids next. We are the luckiest family ever. I love playing the piano, drawing and painting, redecorating our house, and most of all spending time with our family. However lately I just can't get enough of spending time outside in our yard planting and weeding...I'm adding trees and perennials this year. Cuddling up with books or spending time outside are a few of our favorite past-times.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones