Monday, May 9, 2011

Crocheted doll dresses

I signed up for a class to learn how to crochet a doll dress...our ward is working on outfitting 250 dolls to give to girls that are taken from their homes and placed in foster care, or sick in the hospital, or whatever tramatic circumstances may arise...so I went one night to the church and figured out how to follow a crochet pattern...I went home and stayed up till midnight that night finishing my first dress...then Emma wanted one...so I made one for her doll, but it wasn't "right" she had a fit...so I put it on another doll for the church and made her a new one of her own design...it's really fun...then I got an idea to try a few hats...I have a neighbor that makes them and they are cute so I thought I'd make some for me and the girls.
This is the first doll I outfitted

This is the dress I made for Emma at first...so it ended up a little big for this doll but turned out okay...the had ended up really cute and I really liked it.

This was the dress for Emma's baby, but the arms and legs showed and so she had a royal fit...I ended up making bloomers for hers and longer sleeves and a had for the hairless head :)


This is the dress Emma designed for her doll...I drew a dress on a piece of paper and had her color the design she wanted.

The hat I made for Emma


whipped this one out in 1 1/2 hours before we took the kids out to get their free Del Taco kid meals...it was raining and I was cold...I made a flower for it tonight, but didn't get a picture of it.

I made this one for Hannah, but she decided she's not a hat wearer.  And I should have had Hannah model the picture...close up my face is way too scary

1 comment:

Ally said...

Holy cow! These look great. I still haven't finished my first dress. I knew I should have talked less and crocheted more.

Followers

About Me

I'm a mom of 4 great kids that make me smile and appreciate life every day. I am married to the best husband ever. He always puts me first and the kids next. We are the luckiest family ever. I love playing the piano, drawing and painting, redecorating our house, and most of all spending time with our family. However lately I just can't get enough of spending time outside in our yard planting and weeding...I'm adding trees and perennials this year. Cuddling up with books or spending time outside are a few of our favorite past-times.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones