Monday, May 9, 2011

Hiking the Y

Ok so the last time I hiked the Y I was 19 and since then I've added 4 kids and 14 years to my life.  I didn't remember it being so far up and definetly not a hard hike...let's just say when we were driving to the Y to head up as a family during spring break I thought it would be fun to hike it once a week for the whole summer...what a stupid idea...I value my life way too much for that :)  And obviously the trail has increased in difficulty...over the years I guess they had to change the switchbacks due to fire damage or something...that's what I heard anyway it was nothing to do with me being older and more out of shape.
proof I actually made it to the Y with the family...a few times I thought I'd just wait on the trail for them to go up and come back.

View of BYU from the trail heading down from the Y. It was a beautiful view from up there.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a mom of 4 great kids that make me smile and appreciate life every day. I am married to the best husband ever. He always puts me first and the kids next. We are the luckiest family ever. I love playing the piano, drawing and painting, redecorating our house, and most of all spending time with our family. However lately I just can't get enough of spending time outside in our yard planting and weeding...I'm adding trees and perennials this year. Cuddling up with books or spending time outside are a few of our favorite past-times.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones