Thursday, May 21, 2009

Spring / Summer

The strawberry plants are going crazy. They had blossoms covering them and now there are many many berries starting to grow...I'm so excited to have more than 1 or 2 at a time to eat this year...most the kids love the strawberries too.
Brandon's rhubarb is huge again this year and this weekend we are going to a bar-b-que at some friends house and I am going to make a Rhubarb cake...we love it.
This is a new addition to our yard this year. She is a Crimson Queen. I hope she does well here. We have very alkaline soil and she likes it acidic...so I put her in the ground with some vinegar...
The Bamboo is back...Eat your heart out Brandon...He has done everything in his power to kill this beauty...including round-up and gasoline...but it just keeps going and going. I'm glad I absolutely love it...withing a few months it will be towing past the hight of our house. It feels like our personal jungle in that corner of the yard.
YEAH!!!! The Iris's finally started blooming. I'm so glad they bloomed this week...I was afraid I'd miss it while we go to Disneyland next weekend.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a mom of 4 great kids that make me smile and appreciate life every day. I am married to the best husband ever. He always puts me first and the kids next. We are the luckiest family ever. I love playing the piano, drawing and painting, redecorating our house, and most of all spending time with our family. However lately I just can't get enough of spending time outside in our yard planting and weeding...I'm adding trees and perennials this year. Cuddling up with books or spending time outside are a few of our favorite past-times.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones